Breda has facilitated willow workshops with adults and children in a wide range of community groups and educational settings. Willow is very flexible and lends itself beautifully to being manipulated by people of all abilities, without any need for previous experience.
Willow can be used to create small individual pieces or larger group pieces, thus enabling the workshop to be tailored to suit the needs and desires of the group or organisation. Willow has the added benefit of being able to become a living green structure, if it's planted in the earth at the right time of the year.
Workshops for the Education Sector
Breda is a member of the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland’s Artist Educational Panel and a member of the artists panel with Navan Educaton Centre. She has delivered workshops to teachers and students alike and in her sculpture commissions for schools, she has enabled the students to get actively involved in the creative process.
A selection of workshops facilitated by Breda include:
- BLAST Arts-in-Education-Residency programme, Navan Education Centre.
- Myths and Legends St Patrick's Parade Project with Droichead Arts Centre.
- School Sensory garden for Abacas Special School for Autism, Drogheda.
- Creative Schools Programme, Lusk National School.
- CPD Art and Craft courses for Primary School Teachers at Monaghan's Educational Centre,
- Crafted programme within Primary schools in association with the DCCOI
- 'Sticky Fingers, Arts for Early Years', Newry, Co Down
- Barretstown Gang Camp, Ballymore Eustace, Co Kildare
- The Viking Festival, St Anne's Park, Dublin,
- Groundswell Environmental Organisation, Co Louth
- Blackrock Public Park, Blackrock Community Group, Co Louth
- Beaulieu House and Gardens, Drogheda Arts Festival, Drogheda
- Monaghan Peace and Reconciliation Community Programme, Monaghan.
- Rosslea Arts Development Centre & Brookborough Estate, Co Fermanagh
- 'The Ark' Healthcare Centre, Bessbrook, Co. Down.
To contact Breda to discuss creating workshops tailored to the needs of your school, community-based organisation or interest group, click here.
Creativity and Wellness Workshops for Adults
Breda’s calm and easy demeanour, combined with her vast artistic experience, make her a natural workshop facilitator. Her classes and workshops provide an opportunity for participants to tap into their creativity, connect to the present moment and express themselves freely, in a fun and relaxed way, without fear of judgement.
Creative days are a great opportunity for people to connect more deeply to themselves and to those they share the workshop with. The creative experience is strengthened through gentle wellness practices, meditation and breathwork. A safe space is created where participants can step away from their normal routines and embrace the time to spend on themselves.
Specific creative days can be organised as a team building event for organisations or as a fun way for a circle of friends to spend time together.
To discuss or book your group's workshop, email Breda here.