Breda’s calm and easy demeanour, combined with her vast artistic experience, make her a natural workshop facilitator. Her classes and workshops provide an opportunity for participants to tap into the creativity, connect to the present moment and express themselves freely in a fun and relaxed way, without fear of judgement.
Soul Art Sunday
1/2 day workshop, Listoke Gallery, Drogheda - 3rd March, 2019
Indulge in the bliss of 3 hours of 'Me Time' as your sooth your soul with gentle Thai Chi, relaxation, meditation and creative excercises, with like minded people. For more info, click here
1 Day Workshop, Listoke Gallery, Drogheda - 23rd March, 2019
Learn techniques to sculpt with willow, explore and experiment with form, texture to create unique sculptures to bring home at the end of the day. No experience needed, all materials supplied. For more information, click here.
1 Day Workshop, Firmount House, Co Kildare - 6th April, 2019
Learn how to make willow structures for your garden. Use your new skills to create small willow vessel sculptures to bring home. For more information, click here.
1 Day Workshop, Listoke Gallery, 18th May 2019
Tap into your creative, carefree side, while you explore new fun ways of self expression. Connect to a calm, gentle paced day by working with nature, in nature. Relaxation excercises will take place in the peaceful, walled garden at Listoke. For further details, click here.
1 Day Workshop, Listoke Gallery, Drogheda - 8th June, 2019
Learn about composition, explore and experiment with lines, texture and colour. Be inspired by the natural beauty of Listoke gardens and the surrounding landscape. For more information, click here.
Creative days are a great opportunity for people to unwind, become present and connect more deeply to themselves and those they share the day with.
Specific creative days can be organised as a team building event for organisations or as a fun way for a circle of friends to spend time together. To discuss your groups details further, email Breda here.
Workshops for the Educational Sector
Breda is a member of the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland’s Artist Educational Panel. She has worked with adults and children in a wide range of community groups and educational settings. She has delivered workshops to teachers and students alike and in her sculpture commissions for schools, she has enabled the students to get actively involved in the creative process.
Breda has facilitated workshops for the following organisations:
- CPD Art and Craft courses for Primary School Teachers at Monaghan's Educational Centre,
- Crafted programme within Primary schools in association with the DCCOI
- 'Sticky Fingers, Arts for Early Years', Newry, Co Down
- Barretstown Gang Camp, Ballymore Eustace, Co Kildare
- The Viking Festival, St Anne's Park, Dublin,
- Groundswell Environmental Organisation, Co Louth
- Blackrock Community Group, Co Louth
- Drogheda Arts Festival, Drogheda
- Beaulieu House and Gardens, Drogheda
- Monaghan Peace and Reconciliation Community Programme,
- Skerries Mills, Co. Dublin
- Rosslea Arts Development Centre & Brookborough Estate, Co Fermanagh
- 'The Ark' Healthcare Centre, Bessbrook, Co. Down.
To contact Breda to discuss creating specific creative workshops tailored to the needs of your school, community-based organisation or group of friends, click here.